Formed 64 years ago, the state of Karnataka in South India has a rich cultural heritage and is the land of Kannada speaking people. Carved out by uniting Kannada speaking territories from erstwhile British provinces of Bombay, Hyderabad, Mysore and Madras, the state was initially named Mysore but then was renamed as Karnataka. On the occasion of the formation day of the state, here are 5 quick quiz questions to test your knowledge of this unique state.
1. Who is regarded as the first person to propose the idea of a state formed by the unification of Kannada speaking territories?
2. When was the state officially formed?
3. When was the state renamed as Karnataka from its former name of Mysore?
4. Whose composition is the state song ‘Jaya Bharatha Jananiya Tanujate”?
5. What was the earlier state song before the current one was adopted?
Answers to Quick Quiz on Karnataka Rajyothasava
1. Alur Venkata Rao
2. 1st Nov 1956
3. 1st Nov 1973
4. Rashtrakavi Kuvempu
5. “Udayavagali Namma Cheluva Kannada Nadu” by Huligol Narayan Rao