The second in the series of crosswords covering Science chapters of NCERT syllabus of Class 10 (Class X) in India. This Crossword on Electricity – Chapter 12 covers 25 frequently asked questions picked from past papers – all put in the form of an easy to solve crossword puzzle.
You can solve it online here on my blog or download the PDF version of the same by dropping your email address below.
Enjoyed the crossword on electricity?
Here are some more fun facts on Electricity
- A bolt of lightning can measure up to three million (3,000,000) volts – and it lasts less than one second!
- Electricity always tries to find the easiest path to the ground.
- The first power plant – owned by Thomas Edison – opened in New York City in 1882.
Source: Alliant Energy
- Lightning lasts a fraction of a second and can deliver up to three million volts. It travels in excess of 2,00,000 km per hour. It is also very hot, nearing temperatures of 30,000 degrees Celsius.
- Google uses enough energy to power 200,000 homes in a year.
Source: Electrician Careers Guide
- The element Selenium conducts electricity only when a light is shined on it. In the dark, it is an insulator.
- There is a pedal-powered cinema in which one person on a cycle can generate enough power to show a film to an audience of hundreds. it is used in schools in Africa where they do not have electricity.
Share this Crossword on Electricity with your friends and buddies who are taking up the board exams this year.