3 / 100 SEO Score
Quick Quiz Questions on Ancient Inventions
- Paper was invented by the Chinese, but the word comes from Egypt where they were using the stem of a plant growing commonly along the banks of River Nile to prepare stuff, similar to paper. This plant’s name gives us the English word ‘paper’. Name the plant.
- Which Indian invention dating back to nearly 5000 years or more is identified as the ‘Science of Life’?
- All smartphones come loaded with a digital version of this ancient Chinese invention made using a special stone called a lodestone. Name the invention.
- What item of everyday use for personal hygiene came from India along with its modern-day name?
- Which popular Indian game named ‘Moksha Patam’ dating back to 2nd century AD is popular even today (gained even higher popularity during the lockdown)?
Answers to Quick Quiz on Ancient Inventions
- Shampoo was invented in India around 1700 but the word comes from the root Hindi word ‘Champo’ which goes back further to the Sanskrit word ‘Chapayati’ meaning ‘massage’
- Snakes and Ladders – Snakes were considered ‘sins’ and Ladders are considered ‘virtues’
Love the Content you are reading?Get Insider Access to Parenting Tips and Tricks and a FREE e-Book