3 / 100 SEO Score
Quick Quiz Questions on Pandemics
- Which nursery rhyme found its origins from The Great Plague of London, a pandemic that wiped out 20% of the city’s population in 1665?
- Which Indian city became a plague hotspot in 1994 causing the death of 52 people and creating widespread panic?
- Which pandemic introduced by Christopher Columbus and subsequent European explorers, wiped out 90% of the native American population in North and South America?
- What animal is the latest suspect of the origin of the COVID-19 virus?
- What does the word ‘Quarantine’ literally mean in the language of its origin?
Answers to Quick Quiz on Pandemics
- Ring-a-ring-o-roses – A rosy rash was a symptom of the Bubonic plague, and posies of herbs were carried as protection and to ward off the smell of the disease. Sneezing or coughing was a final fatal symptom, and “all fall down” was exactly what happened during Black Death of 14th century
- Small Pox
- 40 days – ‘quaranta giorni’ in Italian means 40 days – port authorities required ships arriving in Venice in the 14th century, from infected ports, to sit at anchor for 40 days before landing to prevent the spread of Bubonic Plague (Black Death)
Love the Content you are reading?Get Insider Access to Parenting Tips and Tricks and a FREE e-Book