84 / 100
When you have time to kill but want to do a good job of it, random facts can be a good option. Here are a few random facts that will give your grey matter some tickling…
Random Facts – 1 to 10
- The world’s tallest mountain is Mount Everest, which stands at 8,848 meters (29,029 feet) tall.
- The Great Barrier Reef in Australia is the largest living structure on Earth and is visible from space.
- The human brain can hold up to 2.5 petabytes of information, which is equivalent to three million hours of TV shows.
- The sun is actually a star, and it’s about 109 times bigger than Earth.
- The Statue of Liberty in New York City is made of copper and it’s 152 feet tall from the base to the tip of the torch.
- The fastest land animal in the world is the cheetah, which can run up to 70 miles per hour.
- The largest dinosaur ever discovered is the Argentinosaurus, which was about 100 feet long and weighed up to 100 tons.
- The deepest part of the ocean is called the Challenger Deep, and it’s located in the Mariana Trench. It’s about 36,070 feet deep.
- There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the observable universe.
- The oldest known living organism on Earth is a tree called Methuselah, which is over 4,800 years old.
Random Facts – 11 to 20
- The world’s largest desert is actually Antarctica, which is considered a polar desert due to its low precipitation levels.
- The shortest war in history was between the countries of Zanzibar and Great Britain in 1896. The war lasted just 38 minutes before Zanzibar surrendered.
- The tallest mammal in the world is the giraffe, which can grow up to 18 feet tall.
- The human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
- The planet Jupiter is so large that all of the other planets in the solar system could fit inside it.
- The largest living organism on Earth is a fungus called Armillaria ostoyae, which covers over 2,200 acres of land in Oregon.
- The Mona Lisa, one of the most famous paintings in the world, is only 30 inches tall and 21 inches wide.
- The longest river in the world is the Nile River in Africa, which is over 4,000 miles long.
- A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
- The Great Wall of China is actually not visible from space with the naked eye, despite popular belief.
Love the Content you are reading?Get Insider Access to Parenting Tips and Tricks and a FREE e-Book